Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Duty Station: Kampala,Uganda
InfoNile.org is a collaborative
cross-border group of geojournalists with a mission to uncover critical stories
on water and environment in the Nile River Basin of Africa through data-based
multimedia storytelling. We are a project under Water Journalists Africa, the
largest network of water journalists on the African continent.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer will oversee internal administration, performance and financial accountability of InfoNile/Water Journalists Africa projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage general office administration structures such as bookkeeping systems, filing systems and financial requisition and accountability procedures;
- Manage and report monthly programme expenditures;
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts for the organization;
- Manage annual internal and external financial audits;
- Develop and implement media-related business innovations to promote financial sustainability for the organization;
- Provide performance management and support to your direct reports.
- Coordinate financial logistics of project meetings and events alongside the Programs team;
- Prepare meeting materials as appropriate;
- Facilitate internal communication regarding finance and administration within the Country Office and Coordinators in other countries;
- Ensure internal staff human resources, communications and welfare systems are in place and running smoothly;
- Ensure staff submits required reports, time sheets, accountabilities, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree required within a financial or administration field;
- Certified Public Accountant;
- At least two years of finance and administrative experience;
- Experience managing finances of donor-funded programmes;
- Experience developing business plans;
- Experience managing auditing processes;
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
- Exceptional communication skills in English;
- Be a strong self-starter and able to work independently and with self-initiative;
- Interest in media and issues of water, environment and climate change;
- Experience working with journalists or in the media industry is an advance.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send a cover letter (max 1 page) and your CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Tentative starting date is 1st December 2019.
Deadline: 16th November 2019No tags for this post.